favourites at saatchi
Fong Qi Wei
'Time is a Dimension' series, 2013
Project : arch. Peter Zumthor
Location : Haldenstein, Switzerland
Phases of the Moon 2014
Europa, sixth moon of Jupiter, in rotation. And now, some fun facts:
- Europa is estimated to be about 4.5 billion years old, about the same age as Jupiter.
- Europa is 1,900 miles (3,100 km) in diameter, making it smaller than the Earth’s moon, but larger than Pluto.
- On average, Europa’s distance from the sun is about 485 million miles/780 million kilometers.
- Discovered by some dude named Galileo.
- Its orbital distance from Jupiter is 414,000 miles (670,900 km).
- It takes Europa three and a half days to orbit Jupiter. The same side of the Europa faces Jupiter at all times.
- It is the 15th largest body in the solar system, and the smallest of the Galilean moons.
- The surface temperature at the equator never rises above minus 260 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 160 degrees Celsius).